Getting Ready for Your Driving Lessons
Learning to drive is exciting and daunting all at the same time. Here are our top tips on preparing for your driving lessons.
Preparing for your first lesson
There are a few things you will have to do before you embark on your first ever driving lesson:
- Ensure you have a valid driving licence.
- Ensure your driving licence is up to date with the correct details. i.e your current address.
- Have a plan on how you will be paying for the full course of lessons. Having a few lessons then stopping can hinder your progress.
- Make sure you have enough time to dedicate to your driving lessons. It’s a new skill that will take practice.
- Try to book a lesson every week with your driving instructor.
- Avoid highly caffeinated drinks before your first lesson as this can make you more anxious. You must also avoid any kind of alcohol on the day of your lesson and the day before your lesson.
- Wear suitable clothing and shoes that you will be comfortable in.
- Get a good night’s sleep before going for your first lesson. You will need to be alert during your lessons so being well rested will help with this.
What to do between your lessons
Even when you’re not having a driving lesson, there are still things you can do between your lessons that will enhance your driving skills.
- Keep a diary of what you learn in each lesson, what areas you need to work on and what went well. This is a great thing to read through before your next lesson so you know what you need to practice.
- Get cracking on your theory knowledge using the internet and books to revise for the theory test.
The most important thing to remember when taking your driving lessons is that if you have a question, ask it. Your driving instructor is there to help you perfect your driving abilities.
Why not get in touch with Julie Murphy's Driving School if you're looking for lessons in the Swindon and surrounding areas?